Powered By Blogger

Friday 17 June 2011

To Leave or Not To Leave ??

I always feel guilty every time I leave my little fella and go off to work, and it's not helped knowing that my work is currently offering a voluntary severance scheme.

They're offering you a years salary, which if you're frugal you could possibly stretch that to last say 15 -18 months. There's always the possibility of looking for some evening work and / or weekend work, that way I would be able to look after our son during that day as well as bringing in some income. We'd get by, we wouldn't be rich by any stretch of the imagination, but you can't put a price on spending time with your children.

It is very tempting, well I think it is, but my other half keeps telling me NO.

I know that in the long run he's right, grrr, but I just feel that I'm going to be missing out on his "firsts" by other people looking after him ... no offence to our parents who carry out a wonderful job of looking after him whilst we're at work, but I would like to see him taking his first steps, not just to hear about it when I get home of an evening.

On the other hand, there are advantages to being back at work, apart from the obvious monetary one :

  • you can have an uninterrupted hot cup of tea 
  • you get a lunch break and you can even eat your lunch without someone trying to stick their finger up your nostril 
  • you can go to the toilet on your own 
  • you can eat a chocolate biscuit (or two, or even three) without having to try and disguise them as something healthy!
  • your clothes are not covered in sick, food, or anything else that you care to mention!

But I guess my guilt will have to continue, as unfortunately, I'll be heading off to work on Monday morning as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment